Lafourche Parish tax assessment rolls and Louisiana survey plats
This collection of microfilm includes copies of Lafourche Parish tax assessment rolls and survey plats for various sections of the state of Louisiana. The assessment rolls include the name, address, and race of taxpayers in Lafourche Parish; description, size, and value of their property; amount of homestead exemption; and state, parish, and special local taxes assessed. The survey plats were recorded by the Surveyor General's Office in New Orleans and Donaldsonville, La., and the U.S. Dept. of the Interior--General Land Office/Bureau of Land Management.
- Bulk Dates: 1840-1875
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Physical rights are retained by Nicholls State University. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws..
6.5 Linear Feet (106 microfilm reels)
The microfilm reels are arranged chronologically.
Existence and Location of Originals
Original records on file with the Lafourche Parish Assessor's Office.
- Cadastral maps.
- Lafourche Parish (La.)
- Louisiana -- Surveys -- maps.
- Personal property -- Louisiana -- Lafourche Parish.
- Plats (maps)
- Real property -- Boundaries -- Louisiana -- Lafourche Parish.
- Real property -- Louisiana -- Lafourche Parish -- Maps.
- Real property -- Ownership -- Louisiana -- Lafourche Parish.
- Real property -- Valuation -- Louisiana -- Lafourche Parish.
- Real property tax -- Louisiana -- Lafourche Parish.
- Taxation of personal property -- Louisiana -- Lafourche Parish.