Scope and Contents
This collection covers one linear ft. and spans 1881-1966 with the bulk of material dating 1890-1911. It includes two scrapbooks which were inherited by Paul E. Richard from his father. They contain newspaper clippings, obituaries, and wedding announcements. The bulk of the scrapbooks’ content pertains to news on local events, family, and friends, but several newspaper clippings also document national news.
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Physical rights are retained by Nicholls State University. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Alfred Pierre Richard was a dentist in Lafourche Parish during the early 20th century. He also served as a member of the Lafourche Parish Democratic Executive Committee. On 17 October 1920, Richard married Anna Lee Ledet, also of Thibodaux. They had six children: Paul E., Alfred P. Jr., Ray L., Randolph, Anna Nell, and Marcel.
1 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Sensitive Materials Statement
This collection may contain material(s) with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which Ellender Memorial Library and Nicholls State University assume no responsibility.
- Assumption Parish (La.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Assumption Parish (La.) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) -- Louisiana.
- Lafourche Parish (La.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Lafourche Parish (La.) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.
- Marriage licenses -- Louisiana -- Thibodaux.
- New Orleans (La.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- New Orleans (La.) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.
- Obituaries -- Louisiana.
- Richard, Alfred P. (Alfred Pierre), 1887-1962.
- Terrebonne Parish (La.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Terrebonne Parish (La.) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.
- Weddings -- Louisiana -- Assumption Parish.
- Weddings -- Louisiana -- Lafourche Parish.
- Weddings -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
- Weddings -- Louisiana -- Terrebonne Parish.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script