Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents This collection consists of meeting minutes, a list of regulations, and a copy of the United States Congressional Record relating to the founding and history of F. T. Nicholls Junior College in Thibodaux, Louisiana.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of audio cassettes, questionnaires, transcriptions, and surveys of food and health practices during the early twentieth century in the parishes of southeast Louisiana.
Scope and Contents This collection measures eight linear feet and spans 1829-1977, with the bulk of material dating 1924-1945. It is divided into two primary sections based on the time of acquisition. The first section is the original donation and consists of personal and professional correspondence, speeches, honors, diplomas, certificates, military service records, newspaper clippings, family history, and photographs. The second section is termed the Lefort addition and contains personal and professional...
Scope and Contents This collection spans 6 linear feet and includes material dating from 1896 to 1969. The materials are comprised of the papers of Stella Woods Queen of Thibodaux, Louisiana, and include personal papers, photographs, printed materials, and phonograph records relating to Queen's family and religious life. The collection is divided into four series: Papers, Photographs, Printed Materials, and Phonograph Records. The Papers series includes correspondence, records, and ephemera relating to...
Scope and Contents This is an artificial collection created by Ellender Memorial Library from oral histories donated over a period of decades. It comprises oral histories (on audiotape and videotape) and related materials collected from residents of South Louisiana between approximately 1972 and 1998. Interviewees discuss topics relating to local history and culture, including foodways, traditional crafts, race, religion, illness and medicine, education, labor, and industry.
Dates: 1972-1998 and undated
- Subject: Education -- Louisiana X
- Francis T. Nicholls Junior College 3
- Nicholls State University 3
- Francis T. Nicholls State College 2
- Amedee, Roland 1
- Arabie, Velma P. (Velma Plaisance) 1
- Billiot, Edelta Mae 1
- Bollinger, Donald G. (Donald George), 1915-2000. 1
- Durham, Norma 1
- Elkins, Charles Calvert, 1900-1963. 1
- Gaubert, Barbara Z. (Barbara Zeringue) 1
- Hebert, Ida Fay 1
- Hotard, Minnie 1
- Hymel, Ann Theresa N. (Ann Theresa Naquin) 1
- King, Dorothy B. (Dorothy Bourque) 1
- LeMelle, Leone R. (Leone Rideaux) 1
- Melancon, Joseph Levy, 1906- 1
- New Rising Sun Benevolent Association (Lafourche Parish, La.) 1
- Northwestern State College of Louisiana. 1
- Perque, Ernest 1
- Queen, Stella Woods, 1892-1982 1
- Rappelet, Albert O. (Albert Otto), 1903-1984. 1
- Robert, Joycelyn 1
- Seaton, Josephine 1
- United Houma Nation 1
- Wright, Alberta J. (Aberta Jackson) 1
- Young, Gerald J. (Gerald Joe) 1 ∧ less