Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents This collection covers 55 linear ft. and spans 1822-1989 with the bulk of material dating 1950-1979. It is divided into two main groups: Claude B. Duval and Easton Family Papers (Duval’s paternal relatives). The Claude B. Duval Group covers Duval’s political career with a few aspects of his law practice and personal life. His political career covers his campaigns which include correspondence, campaign speeches, radio shows, campaign advertisements and paraphernalia, ads of his opponents, and...
Scope and Contents This collection comprises a handbill and ticket relating to the Louisiana gubernatorial election of 1892.
Scope and Contents This collection spans 135 linear feet and dates from 1773 to 1983. The bulk of the materials date from approximately 1820 to 1941. The collection comprises vital, court, land, tax, and immigration records of Lafourche Parish, Louisiana. This includes records of birth, death, marriage, divorce, civil and criminal court cases, wills and estates, orphans and adoption, insolvency, lunacy, voters and elections, licenses, militias, oaths, schools, judgements and appeals, indenture, slave sales,...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of correspondence, receipts, tax receipts, brochures, and financial statements that deal with the Plaquemines Parish School Board. The bulk of the collection consists of correspondence between Pourciau and Perez. Included are copies of The Plaquemines Gazette, as well as clippings from this newspaper and the New Orleans States Item.
Scope and Contents This collection documents Taylor's life and political career through newspaper articles, photographs, slides, professional correspondence, financial records of her office, awards and speeches, campaign materials, and her obituaries. The collection also includes records of Taylor's involvement in the controversial Mardi Gras Anti-Discrimination Ordinance of 1991 in New Orleans.
Scope and Contents This collection dates from 1923 to 1986 and spans 27 linear feet. The collection includes professional and persoaln papers of Leonard J. Toups and his wife Belle LeBlanc Toups, including photographs, correspondence, audio tapes, awards, artifacts, speeches, books, pamphlets, organization records, clippings, and other papers.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of microfilm of transcriptions of police jury meeting minutes for Assumption Parish between 1848 and 1924, Lafourche Parish between 1852 and 1933, and Terrebonne Parish between 1822 and 1936. The records document government functions such as elections, road building, public health, law enforcement, parish budgets and taxes, the development of education for blacks and whites, the battle to control yellow fever, livestock maintenance, transportation, flood control, and...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of receipts, letters, correspondence, payment vouchers, and bank statements relating to Senator Ellender's re-election campaigns, predominantly the election of 1972. Also included are documents from the Senator's finance committee relating to its efforts to offset the political debt left after Ellender's death.
- Subject: Elections -- Louisiana X
- Ellender, Allen Joseph, 1890-1972. 2
- Agnew, Spiro T., 1918-1996. 1
- American Legion. 1
- Ane, Marguerite, 1877-1977. 1
- Barthelemy, Sidney. 1
- Bauer, Carl. 1
- Democratic Party (La.) 1
- Duval, Claude B. (Claude Berwick), 1914-1986. 1
- Duval, Dottie (Dorothy) 1
- Easton, Tristam B. (Tristam Beach) 1
- Fitzmorris, James E. (James Edward), 1921- 1
- Foster, Murphy J. (Murphy James), 1849-1921 1
- Homochitto Turnpike & Bridge Co. 1
- Houma-Terrebonne Chamber of Commerce. 1
- Jones, Sam H. (Sam Houston), 1897-1978. 1
- Lafourche Parish (La.) 1
- Le Petit Theatre de Terrebonne (Houma, La.) 1
- Long, Russell B. (Russell Billiu) 1
- Louisiana State Capitol (Baton Rouge, La.) 1
- Louisiana.. Department of Education. 1
- Louisiana.. Department of Public Safety. 1
- Louisiana.. Department of Public Works. 1
- Louisiana.. Department of Revenue. 1
- Lower Terrebonne Refining & Manufacturing Co. 1
- Mardi Gras (New Orleans, La.) 1
- McEnery, Samuel Douglas, 1837-1910 1
- McKeithen, John J. (John Julian), 1918-1999. 1
- Morrison, deLesseps S. (deLesseps Story), 1912-1964. 1
- Nicholls, Francis T. (Francis Tillou), 1834-1912. 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994. 1
- People's Oil & Mineral Co. 1
- Perez, Leander, 1891-1969. 1
- Plaquemines Parish School Board (Plaquemines Parish, La.) 1
- Pourciau, Anthony L. (Anthony Lamar), 1890-1942. 1
- Superdome (New Orleans, La.) 1
- Taylor, Dorothy Mae, 1928-2000. 1
- Terrebonne Oil Co. Ltd. 1
- Toups, Belle LeBlanc 1
- Toups, Leonard J. 1
- Tulane University. 1
- Works Projects Administration. 1 ∧ less