Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents This collection dates from 1946 to 2001 and spans 2.5 linear feet. It comprises writings, research materials, and related ephemera created and used by Dr. Thomas Becnel over the course of his career. Materials predominantly relate to Senator Allen J. Ellender, and were used during Becnel's research for his book "Senator Allen Ellender of Louisiana: A Biography." These include interviews, notes, copies of documents from various archival repositories, and correspondence with archivists and...
Scope and Contents This collection spans 16.5 linear feet and dates from 1974 to 1994. The collection is divided into two series and includes correspondence, reports, memoranda, clippings, ephemera, and other materials. The first series is titled Department of Public Safety and contains materials relating to Bollinger's role as Secretary of the Louisiana Department of Public Safety. The second series is titled Louisiana Lottery Corporation, and relates to Bollinger's role as a member of the Board of Directors for...
Scope and Contents This collection covers 55 linear ft. and spans 1822-1989 with the bulk of material dating 1950-1979. It is divided into two main groups: Claude B. Duval and Easton Family Papers (Duval’s paternal relatives). The Claude B. Duval Group covers Duval’s political career with a few aspects of his law practice and personal life. His political career covers his campaigns which include correspondence, campaign speeches, radio shows, campaign advertisements and paraphernalia, ads of his opponents, and...
Scope and Contents Mayoral appointment of William Thomas Holland signed by Francis T. Nicholls, Governor of the State of Louisiana. Also contains undated biographical information on William Thomas Holland.
Scope and Contents This collection contains records from Picciola's work as a notary public as well as the operation of his stores. It includes estate records, expenditures and receipts, utility bills, investments, property maps, oil and gas leases, right of way sales, and insurance premiums that encompass both Picciola's business and personal life. It includes Picciola's honors and certificates, political correspondence, and records of the Golden Meadow Post Office during the early twentieth century. It includes...
Scope and Contents Microfilm copy of records of the proceedings of the town council of the corporation of Thibodaux from 1838 to 1912. Reel 1 contains 1838 through 1882, reel 2 contains 1883 through 1912.
Scope and Contents This collection comprises papers of John H. Robichaux, Sr. and includes annual budgets for the city of Thibodaux, a scrapbook, photographs, a recording of a speech, a typescript, and a floppy disc.
Scope and Contents This collection dates from 1923 to 1986 and spans 27 linear feet. The collection includes professional and persoaln papers of Leonard J. Toups and his wife Belle LeBlanc Toups, including photographs, correspondence, audio tapes, awards, artifacts, speeches, books, pamphlets, organization records, clippings, and other papers.
- Subject: Louisiana -- Politics and government X
- Ellender, Allen Joseph, 1890-1972. 2
- Long, Russell B. (Russell Billiu) 2
- Nicholls, Francis T. (Francis Tillou), 1834-1912. 2
- Agnew, Spiro T., 1918-1996. 1
- American Legion. 1
- Barrow family 1
- Bauer, Carl. 1
- Bollinger, Donald G. (Donald George), 1915-2000. 1
- Breaux, Viola P. (Viola Pauline) 1
- Duval, Claude B. (Claude Berwick), 1914-1986. 1
- Duval, Dottie (Dorothy) 1
- Easton, Tristam B. (Tristam Beach) 1
- Fisherman Canal Co. 1
- Fitzmorris, James E. (James Edward), 1921- 1
- Golden Meadow Packing Co. 1
- Golden Meadow Post Office. 1
- Holland, William Thomas 1
- Homochitto Turnpike & Bridge Co. 1
- Houma-Terrebonne Chamber of Commerce. 1
- Hurricane Hilda (Louisiana) 1
- Jones, Sam H. (Sam Houston), 1897-1978. 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 1
- Lafourche Telephone Co. 1
- Le Petit Theatre de Terrebonne (Houma, La.) 1
- Long, Earl Kemp, 1895-1960 1
- Louisiana Lottery Corporation 1
- Louisiana State Capitol (Baton Rouge, La.) 1
- Louisiana. Department of Public Safety and Corrections. 1
- Louisiana.. Department of Education. 1
- Louisiana.. Department of Public Safety. 1
- Louisiana.. Department of Public Works. 1
- Louisiana.. Department of Revenue. 1
- Lower Terrebonne Refining & Manufacturing Co. 1
- McKeithen, John J. (John Julian), 1918-1999. 1
- Mitchell, H. L. (Harry Leland), 1906-1989 1
- Morrison, deLesseps S. (deLesseps Story), 1912-1964. 1
- Nicholls State University 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994. 1
- People's Oil & Mineral Co. 1
- Picciola's General Merchandise Store. 1
- Picciola's Sporting Goods Store. 1
- Picciola's Variety Five & Ten Store. 1
- Picciola, Joseph C. (Joseph Cesar), 1919-1978. 1
- Picciola, Marco J. (Marco John), 1898-1978. 1
- Robichaux, Eugene G. (Eugene Godfrey), 1829-1869. 1
- Robichaux, John H., Sr., 1920-2000 1
- South Lafourche Oyster Festival. 1
- Superdome (New Orleans, La.) 1
- Terrebonne Oil Co. Ltd. 1
- Toups, Belle LeBlanc 1
- Toups, Leonard J. 1
- Treen, David C., 1928-2009. 1
- Tulane University. 1 ∧ less