Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents This collection contains architectural information, newspapers and clippings, maps, photographs, artifacts, oral histories, and ephemera relating to the history of Lafourche Parish.
Dates: ca. 1976
Scope and Contents This is an artificial collection created by Ellender Memorial Library from oral histories donated over a period of decades. It comprises oral histories (on audiotape and videotape) and related materials collected from residents of South Louisiana between approximately 1972 and 1998. Interviewees discuss topics relating to local history and culture, including foodways, traditional crafts, race, religion, illness and medicine, education, labor, and industry.
Dates: 1972-1998 and undated
Scope and Contents The collection includes documentation on church history and the National Register of Historic Places. It also contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, and photographs. Church history contains legal documents involving the church's construction, programs, research information on St. John's history, articles about the church, and a list of rectors, wardens, and officers from 1845 to 1967. The National Register of Historic Places contains nomination forms, correspondence relating to the...
Scope and Contents This collection spans 2 linear feet and dates from 1978 to 1998. It comprises blueprints, surveys, reports, and printed materials relating primarily to the E. D. White Historic Home in Thibodaux, Louisiana.
Dates: 1978-1998, undated
- Subject: Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Louisiana -- Thibodaux X
- Bollinger, Donald G. (Donald George), 1915-2000. 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Episcopal Church 1
- Francis T. Nicholls Junior College 1
- Guion, George Seth, 1806-1861. 1
- Lafourche American Revolution Bicentennial Commission 1
- Leighton Plantation (Thibodaux, La.) 1
- Melancon, Joseph Levy, 1906- 1
- Nicholls State University 1
- Polk, Leonidas, 1806-1864. 1
- Rappelet, Albert O. (Albert Otto), 1903-1984. 1
- St. John's Episcopal Church (Thibodaux, La.) 1
- United Houma Nation 1
- White, Edward Douglass, 1795-1847 1
- White, Edward Douglass, 1845-1921. 1 ∧ less