Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents This collection spans 2 linear feet and includes materials dating from 1910 to 1983. The collection comprises photographs, printed materials, audio recordings, and other papers relating to the local history research of Martin Cortez.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of audio cassettes, questionnaires, transcriptions, and surveys of food and health practices during the early twentieth century in the parishes of southeast Louisiana.
Scope and Contents This collection dates from 1773 to 2006 and spans 7 linear feet. It consists of photographs, reports, printed materials, correspondence, meeting minutes, maps, blueprints, ephemera, and artifacts relating to the history and culture of Lafourche Parish in Louisiana. The collection is divided into the following series: General parish history, People, Events, Organizations, Education, Churches, Foodways, Historic sites, Transportation, and Business and industry.
Scope and Contents This collection contains architectural information, newspapers and clippings, maps, photographs, artifacts, oral histories, and ephemera relating to the history of Lafourche Parish.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the records of the Lafourche Heritage Society. It includes a constitution, bylaws, correspondence, membership information, financial documents (bills, receipts, and bank statements), newsletters, legal documents, meeting minutes, notes, printed materials, publication manuscripts, surveys, interviews, essays, invitations, book jackets, scrapbooks, photographs, slides, cassette tapes, floppy disks, and ephemera. The materials concern the Society's activities relating...
Scope and Contents This collection spans 135 linear feet and dates from 1773 to 1983. The bulk of the materials date from approximately 1820 to 1941. The collection comprises vital, court, land, tax, and immigration records of Lafourche Parish, Louisiana. This includes records of birth, death, marriage, divorce, civil and criminal court cases, wills and estates, orphans and adoption, insolvency, lunacy, voters and elections, licenses, militias, oaths, schools, judgements and appeals, indenture, slave sales,...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the research materials of Doris Mae Naquin Ledet pertaining to the local history and genealogies of Lafourche Parish and surrounding areas. It includes genealogical charts, certificates, maps, photographs, newspapers, magazines, books, catalogs, photocopies, audiocassettes, medals, checks, and ephemera.
Scope and Contents This is an artificial collection created by Ellender Memorial Library from oral histories donated over a period of decades. It comprises oral histories (on audiotape and videotape) and related materials collected from residents of South Louisiana between approximately 1972 and 1998. Interviewees discuss topics relating to local history and culture, including foodways, traditional crafts, race, religion, illness and medicine, education, labor, and industry.
- Subject: Lafourche Parish (La.) -- History, Local X
- Nicholls State University 3
- Lafourche Heritage Society 2
- Lafourche Heritage Society. Genealogy Committee 2
- Lafourche Parish (La.) 2
- Acadia Plantation (Thibodaux, La.) 1
- Allemand, Samuel A. 1
- Amedee, Roland 1
- American Red Cross. 1
- Arabie, Velma P. (Velma Plaisance) 1
- Arialo Plantation (Lafourche Parish, La.) 1
- Babin, Larry J. 1
- Bank of Lafourche (Thibodaux, La.) 1
- Bayou Lafourche (Lafourche Parish, La.). 1
- Billiot, Edelta Mae 1
- Bollinger, Donald G. (Donald George), 1915-2000. 1
- Bourgeois, Henry Louis. 1
- Bouverans Plantation (Lafourche Parish, La.) 1
- C.P. Shaver and Co. (Thibodaux, La.) 1
- Cut Off High School (Cut Off, La.) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Deere and Co. (Lafourche Parish, La.) 1
- Durham, Norma 1
- E.D. White Historic Site (Thibodaux, La.) 1
- Francis T. Nicholls Junior College 1
- Gaubert, Barbara Z. (Barbara Zeringue) 1
- Greenwood Sugar Factory (Lafourche Parish, La.) 1
- Hebert, Ida Fay 1
- Hebert-Terrebonne Cemetery (Galliano, La.) 1
- Holy Savior Church (Lockport, La.) 1
- Hotard, Minnie 1
- Hymel, Ann Theresa N. (Ann Theresa Naquin) 1
- King, Dorothy B. (Dorothy Bourque) 1
- Lafourche American Revolution Bicentennial Commission 1
- LeMelle, Leone R. (Leone Rideaux) 1
- Lefort Cemetery (Leeville, La.) 1
- Little Zion Baptist Church (Chackbay, La.) 1
- Melancon, Joseph Levy, 1906- 1
- Mount Carmel Academy (Thibodaux, La.) 1
- Our Lady of Prompt Succor Catholic Church (Chackbay, La.) 1
- Perque, Ernest 1
- Rappelet, Albert O. (Albert Otto), 1903-1984. 1
- Robert, Joycelyn 1
- Sacred Heart Church (Cote Blanche, La.) 1
- Seaton, Josephine 1
- Serigny Family Cemetery (Golden Meadow, La.) 1
- South Lafourche Oyster Festival. 1
- St. Charles Borremeo Catholic Church (Thibodaux, La.) 1
- St. John Catholic Church (Thibodaux, La.) 1
- St. Joseph Church (Galliano, La.) 1
- St. Luke Baptist Church (Chackbay, La.) 1
- United Houma Nation 1
- Williams Cemetery (Golden Meadow, La.) 1
- Wright, Alberta J. (Aberta Jackson) 1
- Young, Gerald J. (Gerald Joe) 1 ∧ less