Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents This collection consists of photographs, slides, letters, cards, invitations, sketches, books, lists, clippings, wood prints, ephemera, and one scrapbook relating to the career and personal life of Lula Ameen. These include materials relating to her career as an art teacher and professor, her personal artwork, her travels, and her family and friends.
Scope and Contents This collection comprises a booklet and postcards collected by Josephine Bouterie of Thibodaux, Louisiana. The booklet, titled "The Symptoms and Cure of Yellow Fever" details the successful treatment of yellow fever prescribed by Dr. Cherot of Thibodaux. The postcards are written to Josephine Bouterie by family and friends and date from 1906 to 1913. The images on the cards include scenes of Texas and Louisiana locations, holiday greetings, and other illustrations.
Scope and Contents This collection contains architectural information, newspapers and clippings, maps, photographs, artifacts, oral histories, and ephemera relating to the history of Lafourche Parish.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the records of the Lafourche Heritage Society. It includes a constitution, bylaws, correspondence, membership information, financial documents (bills, receipts, and bank statements), newsletters, legal documents, meeting minutes, notes, printed materials, publication manuscripts, surveys, interviews, essays, invitations, book jackets, scrapbooks, photographs, slides, cassette tapes, floppy disks, and ephemera. The materials concern the Society's activities relating...
Scope and Contents This collection dates from 1947 to 1984 and spans 7 linear feet. It consists of agendas, meeting minutes, clippings, charters, promotional materials, proposals, correspondence, notes, printed and published research materials, maps, forms, resolutions and reports relating to the Lafourche Parish Charter Commission.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the research materials of Doris Mae Naquin Ledet pertaining to the local history and genealogies of Lafourche Parish and surrounding areas. It includes genealogical charts, certificates, maps, photographs, newspapers, magazines, books, catalogs, photocopies, audiocassettes, medals, checks, and ephemera.
Scope and Contents This collection contains records from Picciola's work as a notary public as well as the operation of his stores. It includes estate records, expenditures and receipts, utility bills, investments, property maps, oil and gas leases, right of way sales, and insurance premiums that encompass both Picciola's business and personal life. It includes Picciola's honors and certificates, political correspondence, and records of the Golden Meadow Post Office during the early twentieth century. It includes...
Scope and Contents This collection comprises papers of John H. Robichaux, Sr. and includes annual budgets for the city of Thibodaux, a scrapbook, photographs, a recording of a speech, a typescript, and a floppy disc.
- Subject: Lafourche Parish (La.) -- History -- 20th century X
- Lafourche Heritage Society 2
- Lafourche Heritage Society. Genealogy Committee 2
- Nicholls State University 2
- Ameen, Lula, 1921-1992 1
- Breaux, Viola P. (Viola Pauline) 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Fisherman Canal Co. 1
- Golden Meadow Packing Co. 1
- Golden Meadow Post Office. 1
- Hurricane Hilda (Louisiana) 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 1
- Lafourche American Revolution Bicentennial Commission 1
- Lafourche Parish Charter Commission 1
- Lafourche Telephone Co. 1
- Long, Earl Kemp, 1895-1960 1
- Long, Russell B. (Russell Billiu) 1
- Menard, Charles M., 1817-1896. 1
- Picciola's General Merchandise Store. 1
- Picciola's Sporting Goods Store. 1
- Picciola's Variety Five & Ten Store. 1
- Picciola, Joseph C. (Joseph Cesar), 1919-1978. 1
- Picciola, Marco J. (Marco John), 1898-1978. 1
- Robichaux, Eugene G. (Eugene Godfrey), 1829-1869. 1
- Robichaux, John H., Sr., 1920-2000 1
- Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church (Morgan City, La.) 1
- South Lafourche Oyster Festival. 1 ∧ less